San Mateo County Fire Chiefs Association is a non-profit organization representing the Fire Chiefs, Fire Operations Officers, Fire Prevention Officers, and Fire Training Officers of San Mateo County, California.
- To provide a countywide and regional approach.
- To discuss, plan and impart knowledge regarding administrative affairs.
- To discuss mutual problems and develop policies which are in the best interest of all the Fire agencies within the County.
- To discuss ways and means in which the Fire Service can be elevate in the eyes of the general public.
- To increase the Fire Service’s efficiency in protecting life and property.
Officers of the San Mateo County Fire Chiefs Association consist of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Chief Financial Officer and Past President. Officers of the association act as the Executive Committee and conduct such business as deemed necessary.
Within the Deputy Fire Chiefs group are the positions of Chair, Vice Chair and Recorder. These positions are elected to conduct the business of the Deputy Fire Chiefs group only.
The following advisory committees each have a Deputy Fire Chief assigned to function as liaison officer and attend those meetings and report back to the association:
- Fire Operations Group
- Fire Prevention Officers Association/Fire Safe
- Training Officers’ Association
- San Mateo Office of Emergency Services
- San Mateo Emergency Medical Authority
- San Mateo Pre-Hospital Emergency Services Group
- San Mateo Pre-Hospital Emergency Services Group Management Committee
- City Managers/Fire Chiefs Committee
- Communications/Technology Committee
- San Mateo County Emergency Medical Care Committee (EMCC) Appointment
- Member Services
- Fire Safe/Prevention Committee
- Homeland Security Grant Funding Approval Committee
- Fire Paramedic Emergency Medical Supervisors
- Public Safety Communications
- Ambulance Transport Contractor
- Mobile Technology Group
Our Policies and Standards
Download our Policies and Standards
All active Fire Chiefs of municipal incorporated cities or any other fire agency within San Mateo County having legal jurisdictional authority are eligible for membership in the San Mateo County Fire Chiefs Association. Deputy Fire Chiefs shall be included as active members within the San Mateo County Fire Chiefs Association, but will not have voting rights.
Reviewed and established annually by the Association to include a representative of the following agencies or others as determined; County Office of Emergency Services, Public Safety Communications and the San Mateo Pre-hospital Emergency Services Group (JPA) and Ambulance transport contractor.
Reviewed and established annually by the Association to include a representative of the following agencies or others as determined; California Highway Patrol, Department of Health Services (DHS) / Emergency Medical Services, DHS/Environmental Health and Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E).
Life membership is open to all retired Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief past members with no dues or assessment and no voting rights.